Mountain Mamas get things done! And they do so beautifully. Join The Red Caboose as we celebrate our Appalachian women makers at the Mountain Mama Artisan Market on Saturday, April 28, from 11am – 3pm. The market will be located in the Visitor’s Center at Heritage Station in the heart of downtown Huntington, and will feature over a dozen female artists selling everything from yummy baked goods to handmade jewelry and fine art. Buy directly from local artists, enter to win prizes, and shop our one-day-only sales.
Women artists are underrepresented and undervalued in museums, galleries, auction houses, and art fairs. What can you do to help? Celebrate and buy from the women artists in the tri-state area!
While visiting Heritage Station explore its other woman-owned shops. Eat breakfast or lunch at River and Rail Bakery, shop the fashions and accessories at Birds of a Feather, and peruse the artisan products at Full Circle Ceramic and Brand Yourself.
- Evelyn Dortch – crochet home goods & toys, jewelry
- Marsha Smith – southwest-inspired jewelry and mixed media art
- Michelle’s Geekery – handmade geekery
- Decayed Desires – nature-inspired jewelry and home decor
- The Pink Chucks Studio – fine art
- Jenny Grover – fine art and jewelry
- Julia Pritt – mixed media fine art
- Hearth Obscura Charmworks – ceramics, wildcrafted items
- Ricardina Jewelry Designs – handmade fine jewelry
- Carole Garrison – mixed media greeting cards
- Wooden Pretties – geekery
In addition to our artisans, Kyra Bowen will be on hand offering free tarot card readings. And Abbey Shae Bakes will join us with her delicious macarons.
We will also collect donations for Branches Domestic Violence Shelter.
Branches is in continual need of paper products and cleaning supplies. Types of products include paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, bathroom cleaning supplies, all-purpose cleaners, and disinfecting wipes. Everyone that donates will receive a special discount from The Red Caboose.
Everyone has the right to live without fear or violence. Branches offers a professional staff and trained volunteers to assess the client’s situation, examine alternatives, and establish a plan of action.
Branches services include:
- Emergency shelter
- Case management
- Support groups
- Activities for children while parents receive services
- Individual crisis counseling
- Safety Planning
- Referral Services
- Emergency food and clothing
- Court advocacy
- Community education and training
- Dating violence prevention service and presentations